Thursday, January 3, 2008

Shlomo Simcha's Yachad


I just came back from my winter vacation in Argentina, and aside from checking out the famed Kosher McDonald's and the steak-houses, there was a big buzz around the Maccabi Games, some sort of Jewish Olympics that is apparently held every year in a different country.

And to entertain all the tourists the Chabad from Argentina organized a big dinner featuring Shlomo Simcha and a choir. I've heard S. Simcha many times live and his voice was very well coached - great skill and a very pleasant timber. And his best song to date has been his rendition of Shlomo Carlebach's Yachad, which can be seen in this video (article about it on Shlager) at 2:09 and on (the beggining is passable..). The choir is very geshmack and I wish I could be singing there - I love this setting where a large choir surrounding the singer.

No comments: